When starting out with Laravel I made a medialibrary to associate uploaded files with models. In our custom made cms we use the medialibrary to for example associate articles with images.
In short the medialibrary could:
- associate files with models
- generate thumbnails and other derived images from associated files. The generation of these files (which can be queued) is done using Glide
- easily generate url's to the associated files
Because of the way it was architectured some functionality was hard to add. So I decided to rewrite the whole thing to make it more flexible. I just tagged the new version as 2.0.0. This new version gains some cool functionality:
- files can be stored on any filesystem Flysystem allows. So you could for instance store everything on S3.
- thumbnails can be generated for pdf files
- registering conversions has been made more intuïtive
- it's now very easy to add custom logic to generate urls
- images can be manipulated per media object
Head over to GitHub to read the installation instructions and examples on how to use the package.